The importance of manipulative activities


In Math field, one of the most important skills that have to be developed is the logical thinking

The logical thinking is developed since children, through exploration and observation of different objects. In general terms, what they do is to manipulate and classify these objects in a logical way.

So analyzing what I have said, we can see that the manipulative part is essential part that helps our students. In this way, we have to take into account this fact in order to give experiences where they can experiment through manipulative objects, such as geoboard, policubos, origami...


Geoboard





Policubes



















Origami

The fine mobily is well worked through it. Nevertheless, I can underline that we can do origami through recycled material. Moreover, students can use this video in order to do different polyhedros palying it the times that they need.






During their daily session we can facilitate those different manipulative ones that will improve their understanding in geometry. Moreover we are boosting their significant learning process.

I would like to underline some advantages in working the logical through manipulative materials
  1.  It helps with the fine mobility developing.
  2.  It gives total freedom to pupils in order to try again the times that they want.
  3.  Its appearance gives a friendly face to the session.

These are the main characteristics, among others, that I see that can be really beneficial for our geometrical sessions. 

Comments