Singing with geometry
Here I am again!
This post is connected with the last one. This underlines other different way to work with our pupils some geometry concepts, really enjoyable for our learners!
As I have said there are too many ways to deal with different geometry concepts, such as music, sports games, TICS ... but which is the best one? Each one has their positive and negative points. Nevertheless, the geometry and music connection, in my view, is the most suitable one. I´m going to give you some reasons:
- In an unconscious way Knowledge lasts over time. Who does not remember "head shoulders knees and toes" song? Thanks to this song we learned body parts in an easy and fun way.
- It brings fun and rhythm to a topic that usually costs students many efforts, since they are difficult concepts to understand, attending to their psychological development.
Here I leave you a good example↘
This post is connected with the last one. This underlines other different way to work with our pupils some geometry concepts, really enjoyable for our learners!
As I have said there are too many ways to deal with different geometry concepts, such as music, sports games, TICS ... but which is the best one? Each one has their positive and negative points. Nevertheless, the geometry and music connection, in my view, is the most suitable one. I´m going to give you some reasons:
- In an unconscious way Knowledge lasts over time. Who does not remember "head shoulders knees and toes" song? Thanks to this song we learned body parts in an easy and fun way.
- It brings fun and rhythm to a topic that usually costs students many efforts, since they are difficult concepts to understand, attending to their psychological development.
Here I leave you a good example↘
It is easy to see how students know how is represented the different lines, angles and shapes. We can do the same thing in our class, don´t you think so?
What about young learners? There are others easy songs with the basics shapes that are enjoyable and didactics too.
In conclusion, we can reach significant learning when we are using materials that are connected to the daily life of our pupils!
Comments
Post a Comment